TinkerDoodle Kennel is focusing on health, temperament, intelligence, and beautiful colors that we feel combine to make our dogs something special. We purposely keep our breeding program small so that I personally can handle and get to know each pup born here. I never have more than 3 litters in a yr, and can tell you more details about each of my breeding dogs than you’d ever want to know.
I believe in DNA health testing all of our breeding dogs to be sure that none have any genetic weaknesses that could pass on to their pups. I have such faith in the DNA testing that I base my lifetime guarantee on my pups on the results of it. We are very choosy to be sure that all of our dogs fit strict breed standards and our own rigid idea of dogs that have only characteristics that we want to “reproduce” and will compliment each other. While testing is expensive (and means that if something negative shows up on any of our dogs we will have to remove them from our breeding program), it is the best way available to us at this time to be sure we’re breeding only top quality dogs. The results of this careful screening are apparent when you meet any of our dogs. I’m very proud of every one of them. Due to copyrights on testing, I am no longer able to get the long list of DNA issues tested for that I previously did. I still plan to test for what I can, but will be ammending the list before next spring.
Both of my studs, Billy Bob, and Alf, are out of hip tested parents.
DNA testing such as I have done includes the following genetic
- Progressive Rod-Cone Degeneration (PRCD
- Myotonia Congenita (MC)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA)
- Hypothyroidism with Goiter (HTG)
- Canine Leucocyte Adhesion Deficiency
- Cystinuria (CYST)
- Narcolepsy (NARC)
- Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
- Globoid Cell Leucodystrophy (GCL)
- von Willebrand Disease (vWD)
- GMI Gangliosidosis (GMIG)
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type VII (GUSB_NOSVVIII)
- Hemophilia B (HmB)
- Phosphofructosokinase Deficiency (PFK)
- SCID (DNA-PKc & DNA PKc2)
- Thrombasthenic Thrombopathia (THROM)
- Cone degeneration (CD)
- Retinal Dystrophy (PRAD)
- Canine Multidrug Sensitivity (MDR1)
- GM1 Gangliosidosis (GM1)
- L-2 Hydroxyglutaric Aciduria (L2H)
- Neonatal Encephalopathy (NEWS)
- Neuronla Ceroid-Lipofuscinoses (NCLs)
- Canine Pyruvate Kinsase Deficiency (PK)
You can be confident that with the parent dogs having tested negative for these problems, that any pups out of them will be free of them as well. Any pups bought from me from DNA tested dams will come with a LIFETIME guarantee for all the genetic disorders listed above. THIS IS THE LIST THAT WILL BE SHORTENED NEXT SPRING DUE TO THE LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF MANY OF THESE TESTS NOW. IT’S VERY DISAPPOINTING TO ME, BUT BEYOND MY CONTROL.